University of Massachusetts Amherst: Create, direct, and execute all Athletic Department video and television productions. Produce live game broadcasts, features, the UMass Sports Insider show, commercials, and special projects.
- Create, direct, and execute all Athletic Department video and television productions.
- Produce live game broadcasts, features, the UMass Sports Insider show, commercials, and special projects.
- Support UMass Athletics and engage fans through delivery of broadcast content and programming and production of creative and engaging original video for NESN, ESPN+, CBS All-Access, UMass Sports Network, regional and national television.
- Directly manage staff and student employees supporting athletic video productions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all video and television productions adhere to the philosophies and regulations of the Conference, NCAA, University, State, and Federal entities.
- Set-up, produce and direct live game video broadcasts for linear television and internet streaming including New England Sports Network, ESPN+, etc. Work with marketing department to provide live stream access for in game video boards. Recruit, hire, train, and staff personnel for all broadcasts.
- Produce original content for the Athletic Department (website, team and main social media platforms, and linear network TV broadcasts) including features, promotions, video board in-venue content for six sports teams, ticket commercials, and other special projects (i.e. Hall of Fame Video, Football Signing Day Show, SAMY’s, etc.).
- Create and distribute game highlights for UMass Sports Network, social media and other media outlets (television and internet) including regional and national stations. Manage and oversee the complete video library for the UMass athletic department. Acquire highlights, melts or full event digital archives of televised/streamed events (away events) and oversee efforts to help the communication department capture content for live social media distribution with Twitter Media Studio and/or other “live” cutting platforms.
- Work with Associate Athletic Director of Communications and Broadcasting in purchasing and maintenance for all video broadcast equipment.
- Work with internal Athletic Department offices such as communications, creative services, marketing, academic services, development, compliance, UMass Sports Properties, and business office to ensure that all video production initiatives are executed in accordance with each department’s responsibility. Provide input during creative strategy discussions, including interfacing with internal teams to produce innovative content representative of the UMass Athletics brand and message.
- Supervise the Coordinator of Video Production position and provide oversight of student employee workforce for broadcast productions, including hiring, training, staffing, quality control, accountability, and payroll functions such as time and attendance.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the field through publications, seminars, conferences, and peer group associations. Adhere to all department, University, NCAA, and State and Federal regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 2 years of experience in sports video production.
- Knowledge of Ross video systems (or comparable) live video production system.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro editing system (or comparable), non-linear editing methods and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience in using Macintosh and/or PC computers.
- Experience operating Ross Expressions (or comparable), Video/Audio Routing Systems, HD Camera Systems (including CCU), fiber optic transport systems, broadcast audio systems, and replay systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various constituencies.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Knowledge of Daktronics videoboard technology.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Extended periods of sitting; standing; repetitive movements; may require lifting and or carrying video and/or production equipment.
- Variable schedule depending on the demands of the position.
- Required to work multiple nights and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to completing the online application, please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three (3) professional references.