The Marketing Director is an experienced marketing professional with a proven track record designing and delivering strategic marketing and engagement campaigns. The Director is a key member of the leadership team and collaborates to help set the overall direction and strategy for PBS LearningMedia.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Oct 11, 2023
The Marketing Director is an experienced marketing professional with a proven track record designing and delivering strategic marketing and engagement campaigns. The Director brings a high level of creativity to the role and approaches marketing in an audience-centered, solutions-focused way. The Director is a key member of the leadership team and collaborates to help set the overall direction and strategy for PBS LearningMedia.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of all marketing, communications, and engagement strategies to advance PBS LearningMedia’s mission and drive traffic to PBS LearningMedia.
- Design and execute multiplatform product and content marketing and engagement strategies including digital marketing/SEO, paid search, social media, email, thought leadership initiatives, brand awareness, event marketing, community building, and promotions.
- Integrate DEIA principles in all aspects of marketing and engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with the PBS LearningMedia senior team to align priorities and create effective marketing and promotional messaging and campaigns to build awareness of PBS and PBS KIDS educational resources.
- Represent PBS LearningMedia at educator events and conferences.
- Support PBS member station activation around key marketing priorities.
- Support and enforce PBS’s branding guidelines in the creation all PBS LearningMedia promotional materials from presentations to print materials.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor marketing team members (email and social media managers).
- Manage internal and external creative contractors and vendors, adhering to the expected budget and managing deliverables on time.
Requirements for success:
- 10+ years of experience in Digital Marketing, EdTech, and/or Communications in a non-profit and/or educational institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Passion for education and public service - experience in education a plus
- Experience using and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and marketing platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and judgment skills
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals within the organization
- Ability to set priorities, organize, and manage diverse activities to meet deadlines
- Consistently demonstrates respect for inclusion, diversity, and ethics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Drive, and Project Management Software (e.g., ClickUp, Asana, Airtable)