We're hiring a Director of LiveNOW from FOX, the national live streaming news product powered by FOX Television Stations.
Orlando, Florida Area, Phoenix, Arizona Area
Oct 06, 2022
LiveNOW is focused on bringing users the most relevant and engaging live news coverage occurring right now across the country and the world, seamlessly moving between the biggest events and stories as they happen. LiveNOW is always raw, live and unfiltered, with limited commentary and no opinion. Reporting to the VP/Digital Content & LiveNOW, the Director will oversee daily news content and team operations. This position can be based at either of our LiveNOW headquarters, in Orlando, Florida or Phoenix, Arizona.
Does this sound like you?
- Your passion for innovation and the future of news is infectious.
- Nothing fuels you like exploring the possibilities of what news—and especially streaming news-- can be, and you know the only way to find out is to try.
- You’re obsessed with quality and constantly improving the experience for both your audience AND your team.
- You’re forward-thinking, laser-focused on the big picture and meeting exceeding goals— but you’re also not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- You’re the voice of reason in a crisis, always well prepared for the unexpected.
- You roll with the punches and thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Ruthless prioritization and thoughtful delegation are your superpowers.
- Most of all, you’ll do whatever it takes to win big.
- Oversee LiveNOW’s daily operations and news content.
- Work side-by-side with the entire team to improve and grow our product, keeping a constant eye on quality and user experience.
- Support and mentor staff, coaching them on successes and opportunities (pacing, content selection, talent performance, on-screen production, special event coverage).
- Support LiveNOW’s positive culture of innovation and opportunity to attract and hire top talent.
- Cultivate relationships with key players at FTS O&O stations and other internal and external partners. Monitor performance data and communicate wins and opportunities.
- Contribute to overall strategy and goal setting, implementing processes necessary to support success. Work closely with partnerships team to develop content and marketing materials necessary for successful distribution across a variety of streaming platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in a news leadership role preferred.
- Experience managing a staff of 25 or more employees preferred.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred.
- Track record of successfully motivating news teams.
- Experience successfully leading remote teams a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to create and evolve compelling news content on digital and linear platforms.
- Superior news judgment.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Overwhelming attention to detail.
- Master of process with top-notch organizational skills.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Relentless passion and drive to win.
- Positive, outgoing attitude and a start-up spirit of innovation.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure.
- Strong knowledge of the technical aspects of digital news production, including live streaming and video publishing.
- Varied hours including weekends and holidays as required.