Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Director, Bookings will work closely with the SVP Bookings, and will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of concert and comedy bookings for The Chicago Theatre.
The Director, Bookings will work closely with the SVP Bookings, and will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of concert and comedy bookings for The Chicago Theatre. This role will be based in New York, and will be responsible for all aspects of the booking process, including identifying artists and attractions, negotiating rental agreements, coordinating with the Special Events and Family Attractions team to maximize venue utilization, working with promoter partners and industry clients, developing marketing strategies around all concert engagements, suggesting proper scaling, assisting with the creation of show budgets and overseeing the final settlement process for events.
What will you do?
- Maintain daily communication with agents, managers and event producers/promoters to help maximize opportunities for all bookings at The Chicago Theatre.
- Seek new business opportunities and create profitable new relationships/ventures across the entertainment industry.
- Ensure development of concert expense budgets that are competitive.
- Expand residency bookings at all venues in collaboration with MSGE Bookings Department.
- Work closely with marketing and publicity efforts to maximize revenue and help drive concert ticket sales toward successful sell-outs.
- Manage production costs and maximize event revenue. Attend P&L meetings with Facilities and Finance. Preview upcoming events to ensure client satisfaction, quality of guest experience as well as cost-effective execution.
- Work across functions and levels e.g. collaborate with internal departments that support the entertainment line-of-business, including finance, production (facilities), food and merchandise, marketing, public relations and box office teams.
- Oversee license agreement negotiations, and provide advice and feedback on ticketing & marketing. Monitor all settlements.
- Build brand awareness; e.g. increase visibility of MSG activities in developing artist residencies and multi-night/multi-venue booking strategy among agents, managers and event promoters leasing our facilities, to help grow these initiatives across the Company.
- Work closely with sponsorship and marketing partnerships departments to create new revenue streams and fully exploit sponsorship opportunities surrounding bookings. Ensure that fulfillment objectives are met once sponsorship programs are in place.
What do you need to succeed?
- 8+ years with direct experience booking and managing a venue event calendar
- Extensive knowledge of all musical and entertainment genres
- Extensive knowledge of and visibility within the artist/agent/manager community
- Strong marketing background and creative resources
- Good working knowledge of Ticketmaster ticketing system
- Ability to be highly organized and to oversee several projects at the same time
- Must be flexible to work nights and weekends
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven success in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Ability to multi-task various projects
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
Pay range: $105,000.00 – 140,000.00 / year