We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm. The Director, Development is responsible for supporting the Development team in overseeing the development, execution, and production of all live-action series and film.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 07, 2024
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Director, Development is responsible for supporting the Development team in overseeing the development, execution, and production of all live-action series and film. Passionate and creative are key words for the Director, Development.
What you’ll do
- Generate clear and cogent verbal and written feedback on story materials related to various series and features through all phases of development and production.
- Develop new concepts for live action features or series that are aligned with company wide storytelling strategy and transmedia efforts.
- Act as a point of contact for directors, writers, showrunners, producers, and other production partners on creative on assigned projects.
- Act as “current” series executive giving written and verbal feedback on all aspects of shows in production.
- Participate in creative meetings involving talent, executives, and key creative leadership teams related to all Lucasfilm storytelling.
- Act as proxy for the VP/EVP, as necessary, across internal meetings and with various lines of business.
- Organize systems and written materials to support various series and features across other lines of business, acting as a liaison for marketing, PR, publishing, and consumer products.
- Attend creative meetings, production meetings, recording sessions and other production related sessions as necessary.
- As requested, attend industry conferences and festivals to identify and liaise with talent and prepares reports on these events.
- Evaluate writing and directing samples; responsible for writing coverage, tracking and responding to all sample submissions.
- Generate talent lists and obtain availability information as requested for writing and directing assignments.
- Act as a point of contact for agents and managers, and develop strong relationships with talent representatives.
- Conduct general meetings with potential writing and directing talent and log results of these meetings.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with creative talent, especially writers and filmmakers; stay aware of emerging talent in the feature, animation, television, and streaming space.
- Responsible for assigned departmental responsibilities, leading working groups, and overall team objectives, including process and workflow efficiencies and creative D&I efforts.
What you need
- 7-10 years development experience required, within Features, Television or both.
- Bachelor’s Degree in film, English, creative writing, theatre, communications or related field, preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Demonstrable flexibility, professionalism, and finesse when handling the multiple and diverse demands of a creative environment.
- Effective collaborator with creative contributors.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank is $115,489 - $149,457 per year.