Perform image post-production work for assigned brands and process and distribute Digital Editions of magazines from Dotdash Meredith’s portfolio.
Work directly with internal customers and third-party vendors to understand needs and ensure expectations are met; this includes accurately completing work by requested deadlines. Assist Assistant Director, Digital Premedia with the development and implementation of new technologies and workflow improvements. Digital Producer will consistently perform at a level that meets or exceeds performance standards, as established by Assistant Director, Digital Premedia.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
90% - Perform image work, such as sizing, cropping, color-correcting, and/or other image manipulation, for assigned brands. Compile Digital Editions, such as replica editions of print publications and print-on-demand versions, working directly with third-party vendors to verify Digital Editions are produced and distributed to specification. Digital Producer must perform quality assurance testing of each completed request and provide technology troubleshooting and maintenance, as needed.
5% - Assist Assistant Director, Digital Premedia Services to pre-plan new work and provide feedback to improve existing workflows and implement new technologies. Includes testing of new software and developing/updating workflow documentation.
5% - Assist in maintaining operation's accounting procedures, including daily tracking of jobs, schedule adherence, and time spent per job/piece of work.
Complete special tasks as requested.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Graphic Design, Photography, or a related field. Will accept equivalent work experience.
At least 2 years experience performing print, digital, or Website production functions (including design and image manipulation). Working knowledge of design software, including InDesign and Photoshop.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in Web and/or Digital Editions production with ability to learn and implement new software/systems.
- Must be proficient in Mac operating system, and have a working knowledge of Digital design tools and CMSs.
- Exposure to workflow management systems and digital asset management systems a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while working under time constraints and pressure to meet changing deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels and provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients.