Production Operations at Televisa Univision is looking for a Digital Control Room Operator to join our team!
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Mar 16, 2023
Responsibilities include managing all video and audio technical aspects of a Live cloud/linear based digital sports stream, focusing on soccer in a national digital market. The Digital Control Room Operator will report to the Production Operations Supervisor.
- Operate production switcher – linear/cloud.
- Operational knowledge of Digital and Analog audio consoles and peripheral equipment including patch bays and routers – linear/cloud.
- Setting up, faxing, and ensuring that all microphones, audio, and media playback are adjusted for proper VU levels and equalization.
- IFB mix minus and Telos Systems for Live Shots and Telephone call-ins.
- Coordination of all RF/Wireless equipment (i.e., microphones, IFB and PL).
- Understand basic standard broadcast video levels.
- Apply technical expertise to resolve technical issues that arise in the digital control room.
- Collaborate closely with producers and production staff in the preparation of rundowns.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that all equipment is operating properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide immediate solutions in the event of equipment or other audio problems.
- Associates Degree in Television Production or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of audio in a live television environment and sports programming or live audio applications in both linear and cloud-based systems.
- Understanding of the Technical Directing skills.
- Must have ability to multi-task and prioritize as in this digital environment it will be required to manage multiple feeds simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
- Understanding of digital workflows, formats, and concepts.
- Must have a working knowledge of control room workflows and understanding of audio mixing and PL/mix-minus solutions.
- Knowledge of iNews and Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must have the leadership skills necessary to manage and lead multiple feeds simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with producers and production staff in preparing rundowns and feed logistics.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Employees will be expected to commit to a specific schedule in the time indicated.
- As this position supports a 24x7 operation, candidate must, in addition to being able to work regular hours, have on-call availability and flexibility to workdays, nights, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed and without advance notice. Additionally, candidate may be required to work on site for extended periods of time to provide coverage in special circumstances, such as during tropical storms/hurricanes