Grande & Leonard, a creative division of ESPN Marketing focused on brand, innovation, storytelling and design, is looking for a talented developer who thrives on passion, determination and talent.
At ESPN, you’ll learn to refine your skills while obtaining experience on a wide range of campaigns that reach a die-hard national and worldwide audience. Along the way, you’ll be challenged to lift your game to new heights, encouraged to take smart, bold risks and get support from an incredibly gifted group of award-winning designers, developers, project managers and creative directors.
In this role, you will support our digital design team in translating layered artwork and storyboards into dynamic, compelling digital banner ads, microsites, responsive emails and other deliverables by optimizing engagement and utilizing cutting edge code to innovate and think in new ways. You’ll be looked upon to come up with elegant solutions to complex problems while contributing to the overall evolution of the ESPN brand and our flagship properties like Monday Night Football, NBA on ESPN, College Football Playoff, SportsCenter, ESPN Films and more!
To say our audience is passionate about sports is an understatement. We’re looking for a left brain/right brain visionary with a mind full of development solutions, an eye for knowing what great design and animation looks like and a heart full of passion for our fans’ experience. You’ll ensure brand consistency and high standards of execution for the development of digital advertising assets, and use your appreciation for interactive creativity to push client work to a “best in class” user experience.
If bringing your A-game every day is how you roll, then it’s time you join our team!
- Adapts campaign design elements into a variety of compelling, dynamic, interactive digital media
- Partners with Designers to take storyboarded digital display ads and bring them to life
- Creates digital marketing ads to run within internal and external platforms to further the reach of our brand and extend campaigns
- Builds engaging and responsive microsites and landing pages for specialized promotion of tentpole marketing initiatives
- Practices established team workflows and processes within tight deadlines
- Maintains high standards of accuracy, efficiency, communication, and adherence to brand standards
- Proficiency with the latest web technologies and coding techniques
- Experience creating JS-based animation using libraries such as GreenSock and experience working with GitHub
- Hands-on experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, notably Photoshop and Illustrator, and converting layered design files to HTML/CSS
- A strong online portfolio featuring examples of code-based animations, interactive work, responsive development, and design work on a web platform
- Comfortable with working fast and efficiently to meet deadlines, multitasking multiple projects, responding to feedback, and collaborating with different teams
- Ability to articulate your work within a team with a desire to learn and take direction from senior designers, creative directors, and internal clients
- Work both independently and as part of a group in open collaboration, and with an equally positive attitude regardless
- Experience coding responsive email campaigns
- An understanding of the ESPN brand and a passion for sports
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or a related field
Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
The hiring range for this position in NY is $76,987 to $103,275 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.