Food Network and HGTV, part of Warner Bros. Discovery, is actively seeking an Off-Air Designer with expertise in Print and Digital.
Knoxville, Tennessee Area, Greater New York City Area
Aug 14, 2023
Food Network and HGTV, part of Warner Bros. Discovery, is actively seeking an Off-Air Designer with expertise in Print and Digital. Food Network is the world leader in lifestyle content related to food and cooking content, and HGTV is the world leader in lifestyle content related to home improvement, interior design and remodeling across all media touch-points including tv/cable, streaming, mobile, digital and social. The Designer position is responsible for the day-to-day design production of unique and creative design solutions that serve the company's strategic needs while maintaining brand consistency. The candidate will work closely with the VP of Brand Creative, Design Director and Art Director, Off-Air. Candidates applying must have a strong design sense and show natural ability in working with layout, type and logo design. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment under tight deadlines.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Design and execute high quality key art for use across all digital platforms
- Create sketches and design concepts for talent, food and renovation project photo and videos shoots
- Create high quality print designs as assigned.
- Design logos and branding for new shows
- Concept and execution of digital design, including motion graphics
- Work with Art Director to supply fresh ideas for digital/print materials while maintaining the network brand
- Participate in live video/photo shoots, with an eye for how changes on set impact the overall design and execution of the project
- Design print collateral for events and out-of-home executions
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to conceptualize and implement those concepts through high quality design and production, ensuring design is in sync with the network style guide
- Work closely with the Photography Department to develop ideas, manage and maintain the network brand.
- Work closely with the Production Manager of Digital/Print Design to keep all projects on time and on budget
- Preflight files to release to printers and publications ensuring that all print specs are adhered to
- Design presentations
- Organize and manage the media files graphics assets and graphics deliverables files on the various servers and archive systems
- Stay abreast of all technologies used in Digital/Print Design with an eye toward future expansion
Qualifications and Experience...
- BFA in Graphic Design and Advertising
- At least 3+ years of graphic design experience, preferably within a TV network or design studio
- Excellent grasp of great design and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
- Strong typography sense is a must
- Conceptual thinker
- Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple projects
- Expert knowledge of all current graphic software including Adobe CC Suite, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of print production
- Retouching ability and photo shoot experience a plus
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $59,500.00 - $110,500.00 salary per year.