The Dailies Colorist is responsible for providing dailies services and deliverables to clients of Company 3. The Dailies Colorist will operate Color Correction Tools and related technical facilities as assigned by producer to ensure efficient and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
Pay Range: $29.00 - $54.00 USD hourly
Colorists will report to the Director, Dailies. Given the evolution of the Dailies industry, this function has become a much more multi-faceted role that requires cross training in some functions of the Dailies Technician. The Dailies Colorist is responsible for providing dailies services and deliverables to clients of Company 3. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment. In addition, the colorist serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients in challenging situations; accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are also important.
The Dailies Colorist will operate Color Correction Tools and related technical facilities as assigned by producer to ensure efficient and accurate completion of assigned tasks. They will work with DI Colorists, Image Scientists and creatives to establish a show look, liaise with clients as necessary before and after sessions to ensure customer satisfaction with work performed, and personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in the transfer session. Additional duties include:
- Candidates will be required to sync audio to image, via time code, and slide as necessary where no TC match, check levels via audio meter, and QC image and audio and check against camera, sound, and script supervisor reports
- Colorist will perform thorough quality control checks noting artifacts, missing frames, missing picture, failed checksums, spot soft focus, exposure problems, check the vector scope and waveform monitor to identify exposure concerns and check against notes from supplied reports
- Content Creation, QC and upload or transfer of editorial and studio deliverables.
- Ensure accurate reporting, communicating concerns with above processes to Dailies Producer, log TRTs of incoming footages, submit completion reports, log hours worked and upload and email ALEs, Flex Files, Avid Bins, and NDRs
WHAT YOU BRING:
The ideal candidate will bring prior experience with color correction on commercials, television and or feature films preferred. They will have an excellent work ethic and positive attitude, be effective written and verbal communication skills, have strong attention to detail, and bring the ability to work independently and remain calm in a fast-paced work environment. Additional desired skills include:
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and priority assessment skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient understanding of dailies deliverables, workflow, and all tools used in dailies
- Experience with waveform monitor, vector scope, and audio meter
- Working knowledge of Editorial files – avid bin, Flex Files, ALEs, NDRs
- Understands how to read camera reports, sound reports
- PC, Linux, and Mac Office Tools and file transfer tools
- Understanding of Archive procedures with LTO, TAR
- Able to work with in house production staff and assist with reasonable requests.
- Maintain a professional attitude with management and clients.
- Experience with Resolve, Colorfront OSD and EXD a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications.
- A proficient understanding of all tools used in dailies.
- Extensive travel may be required.