Under the guidance of the Supervisor Studio Kitchen, a Culinary Stylist coordinates all food presentations that best support the on air imagery, presentation and sales of individual products as well as the style of HSN.
Live Event / On Location Services
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Nov 18, 2022
A Culinary Stylist is responsible for all the proprietary cook products at HSN and ensures they are executed to the highest standards and HSN brand right. A Culinary Stylist must have the skills to experiment with new recipes in achieving the best results. A Culinary Stylist provides weekly recipe testing for premiere shows such as Good Eating with Marlo as well as a recipe database for social media purposes. This role requires the Culinary Stylist to work as a team and interact with many clients, vendors, on-air guests, Broadcast Production staff, and HSN or Qurate teams from other platforms to support aspects of multi-channel support (dot Com, Social, etc..). Candidate must excel in customer service relations. This candidate is required to maintain HSN’s quality standards and policies of show presentations using creativity, style and artistry
HSN is looking for a full-time Culinary Stylist that is energetic, dependable, creative and has a willingness to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced production environment. The Culinary Stylist is responsible for preparing and styling products for the culinary programming at HSN.
Who we are
The Culinary Stylist will focus on getting product and food ready for the HSN live broadcast ensuring items are visually appealing and functional. Traffic presentations/ tables on and off set during the live broadcast. In this role, you will work on a team and interact with vendors, on-air guests, and Broadcast Production staff. A successful candidate has a willingness to learn and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities.
- · Style demos for on air presentation, following demo guidelines established by manager and supervisor
- · Set up and style tables showcasing the product we are selling
- · Manage product consignment, which includes unpacking, packing, sorting, verifying quantity, and quality.
- · Collaborate with the HSN showroom to ensure a timely delivery of the items needed for on air
- · Prepare for shows by: verifying studio space, setting up tables, ensuring demos are in working order
- · Ensure proper, timely return of all product to HSN Showroom, and understand the process
- · Perform daily kitchen-related duties including: cooking, cleaning, shopping, food storage, food prep, food styling, and other related duties as assigned
- · Keep departmental props and supplies in good condition and store them properly
What You Bring
- · 3 years of culinary training in either a school or professional setting
- · Valid Driver’s License
- · Must be able to lift up to 25lbs without assistance
- · Standing for 75% of shift (or more)
- · Wearing headset (with Live Show audio) for up to 4 hours consecutively
- · Must be able to work various shifts in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and overnights.
“Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- · 3 years food industry experience
- · Food prep for retail or entertainment industries
- · Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- · Sense of style and/or creative eye for design
- · Strong desire to develop visual skills
- · Excellent time-management skills and able to work under tight deadlines
Day, Evening, Overnight