This role works closely with the Managers and Director of Program & Content Strategy to schedule content, organize descriptive metadata, and help carry-out the overall programming strategy for CNN.
The Program & Content Strategy team is responsible for planning and executing the rollout of content across CNN linear and non-linear platforms. This role works closely with the Managers and Director of Program & Content Strategy to schedule content, organize descriptive metadata, and help carry-out the overall programming strategy for CNN. The position is also actively involved in special department initiatives and will assist with projects like monitoring the competitive environment to optimize content rollout across all CNN distribution points This role works in a 24x7 breaking news environment and requires some level of responsiveness outside of core working hours.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Schedule live and long form programming, versions, and commercial formats in scheduling systems.
- Prepare and distribute program listing information to external partners.
- Audit and update programming schedules, metadata, and imagery across all schedule end points, ensuring content and talent details are accurately reflected.
- Monitor competitive environment across cable, broadcast, and streaming, with focus on news and documentary programming and live events.
- Support planning efforts around special events and breaking news.
- Serve as backup to other coordinators on the team.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in media/communications and/or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of work experience in television, media, or a related field, preferably in program planning or scheduling.
• Passion for news and non-fiction content with knowledge of current events and politics
• Quick learner around new software/systems with intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize/multi-task to efficiently meet deadlines
• Ability to work outside of core business hours if necessary.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $51,100.00 - $94,900.00 salary per year.