The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting HR day-to-day activities for the Universal Products & Experiences HR team with regards to HRIS systems, processes, data analytics & reporting, onboarding, rewards and recognition, performance management, talent attraction & internship programs, employee development, training & development, and HR project support.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 29, 2024
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for supporting HR day-to-day activities for the Universal Products & Experiences HR team with regards to HRIS systems, processes, data analytics & reporting, onboarding, rewards and recognition, performance management, talent attraction & internship programs, employee development, training & development, and HR project support. This position also serves as a liaison with other HR departments including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, HRIS, Payroll and Benefits, in order to manage and resolve issues as well as assist with HR process coordination. This position will also serve as Administrative support to the SVP of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate is curious, self-driven, and highly organized individual who seeks opportunities to challenge the status quo and find creative solutions to provide the best partnership and service to our business. This role offers exposure to our global business with a wide range of HR initiatives and projects and the ability to partner with Domestic and International HR partners.
- Provide HR process coordination support through the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- New Hires, Terminations, Transfers, Status Changes, Timekeeping, and Payroll
- Onboarding and Offboarding processes in partnership with internal HR teams and management
- Organizational change management activities including org charts and system alignment
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from various sources including the human resource information system (HRIS), employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, and other sources
- Run monthly custom and ad-hoc reports, analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns, summarizes and prepares reports for internal clients and leadership with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Operate as the HR Data Steward and identify opportunities to streamline processes, optimize and drive efficiencies.
- Provide administrative support for SVP of HR- through proactive managing calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas and materials,
- Responsible for preparing, processing, and tracking of expense reports and coding purchasing card purchases and invoices. Will also book travel arrangements.
- First point of contact for HR and respond with a sense of urgency to routine HR inquiries on processes, policies, and procedures, including benefits, payroll, and vacation
- Uphold data integrity standards by maintaining accurate and timely records with filing of documentation; collaborate with internal HR teams to ensure accuracy of employee data in multiple HR systems
- Provide support to Talent Acquisition on the coordination and execution of events for Internship Programs
- Collaborate with internal UPR and NBCU teams including finance, senior leadership, and peers across HR community
- Champion HR programs including DE&I, Wellness, Community, and Employee Engagement
- Support cross-portfolio initiatives including merit planning, bonus planning, performance management, succession planning, learning and development events and diversity programming
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and play an active role in contributing to special projects
- Support the HR Business Partners through various adhoc projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- 1+ years of work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- 2+ years of Human Resources experience preferred
- HRIS experience, SAP is a plus
Come join us if you are:
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Strong in interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Someone who demonstrates accountability, thinks critically, independently, and presents solutions
- A self-starter who takes initiative
- Resourceful and able to anticipate/see around corners
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Process orientated, detail oriented, and have great follow through skills
- Can prioritize responsibilities
- Customer service orientated
- Interested in a career in HR
- Must be willing to work in Universal City location a minimum of 3 days/week
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or on weekends with short notice, when required
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $50,000 - $65,000.