Have you ever dreamed of manufacturing and altering entertainment, operational and character costumes using specifications sheets and drawings for our parades, character meet and greets and shows at Walt Disney World? We are currently seeking Construction Sewing Specialists!
Wardrober / Stylist
Orlando, Florida Area
Sep 11, 2023
Have you ever dreamed of manufacturing and altering entertainment, operational and character costumes using specifications sheets and drawings for our parades, character meet and greets and shows at Walt Disney World? We are currently seeking Construction Sewing Specialists! In this role, our Cast will manufacture costumes by sewing to our efficiency and quality standards by working high powered sewing machines, press equipment and tools!
The starting pay rate is $17.25.
This role requires successful passing of an 8 hour in person assessment at Walt Disney World.
- Sophisticated sewing on a variety of fabrics
- Apply size chart to alter garments
- Collaborate with Patternmaker on replenishment orders
- Construct garments and perform repairs/alterations to all types of garments
- Share sewing techniques and standard processes
- Work in an area where you may be exposed with performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Read and interpret patterns and spec sheets with direction
- Manufacture and alter garments above minimum workroom efficiency standards
- Use accurate techniques to build, repair, or alter garments using a wide variety of hand and machine sewing techniques
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a Sewing Assessment
- Experience with production, millinery, patternmaking or alternations
- Willing to work with costumes made of fur, fiberglass and plastics
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and prolonged standing
- Work at various heights and varying temperatures in a high lint area
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Three (3) years’ experience in garment construction or repair