We are seeking a Technical Animator with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular real-time FX. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution.
Nov 28, 2023
We are seeking a Technical Animator with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular real-time FX. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position. This is a remote-work opportunity.
About the Role
This position works with the Pipeline TD and is responsible for the technical maintenance of Game Cinematic and film projects and advance the capabilities of the facility. Each project presents new challenges; therefore you will be tasked with addressing production obstacles.
The Technical Animator will be an excellent problem solver with strong and varying technical knowledge and a solid understanding of the Game Animation pipeline
Our studio is primarily Windows environment, using Maya, Unreal, Motionbuilder, and Shotgun amongst many other tools.
- Work with the Pipeline team in the development of and integration of tools to support Game Cinematic Projects.
- Work closely with Artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the course of production
- Creating and maintaining game animation pipeline tools
- Provide constant technical support the Game Cinematics team
- Assist artists with skinning and rigging of characters, including for facial animation
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Create technical and end user documentation for assets, tools, techniques and workflows
- Educate and involve crew in pipeline tool use.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years industry experience in Technical Animator role
- Solid understanding of animation production pipelines for technical, motion capture, and character animation
- Solid understanding of a game cinematic pipeline
- Solid understanding of Python
- Solid understanding of version control systems: Perforce, Git, SVN
- Strong knowledge of Maya character rigging and facial rigging
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Familiar with other Game Engines
- Familiar with working with Outsourcers and the delivery process
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to operate autonomously as well as part of a team