The Senior Accountant role is vital to the successful day-to-day operations and long-term growth.
The Senior Accountant role is vital to the successful day-to-day operations and long-term growth. This role will have exposure to multiple areas, including but not limited to, fixed assets and general accounting. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills as well as have expertise in Oracle Financials and Excel. This candidate will also work under tight deadlines and provide a high level of customer service and analytics.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for Month end close activities and P&L MOM variance explanations for assigned Profit center.
- Support Enterprise Accounting team in monthly reconciliations.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly, resolve issues timely and ensure balances are properly supported and explained.
- Perform general ledger activities such as journal entries for accruals or expense account reclassifications.
- Perform account research and analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes.
- Partner with other departments to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
- Review and analyze monthly activities for accuracy providing recommendations when opportunities for improvement are presented.
- Work with corporate and field finance to resolve any reconciliation issues
- Ensure that internal and external customers are provided with timely and accurate assistance to facilitate good operational controls and minimize expenses
- Cross-train in other areas of the Accounting department
- Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 3 or more years of experience required in accounting
- Understanding of GAAP and financial practices and procedures
- Must be comfortable working within a quarterly financial reporting regime and can manage multiple tasks under aggressive deadlines
- Experience with Oracle and robust SaaS-based ERPs preferred
- Strong verbal communication and written skills
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in changing work responsibilities and environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization