The Multiplatform Producer is part of the team that works directly with our digital platforms: websites, mobile apps and social media.
Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area
Feb 16, 2023
This person spends about half of their time creating original content primarily for web and apps and the other half updating our digital platforms.
- Write, edit and post news stories using AP Style from a variety of sources, including web curation, original reporting, network news partners, social media and wire services, with an emphasis on delivering breaking news and enterprise news quickly and accurately to our users and our social media platforms.
- Embrace unique and compelling ways to present content using text, video, photos and interactive elements that stand out and get attention on our home page and can get traction on social media platforms.
- Find and pitch innovative angles with timely stories.
- Be a strong storyteller who gets Facebook, Crowd Tangle and can sniff out a story from social listening along with an innate ability to find and write viral stories for digital, social and television, leveraging the best style practices of each
- Conceive, create and post original video for our social media platforms by leveraging content from online video platforms and our network news partners.
- Select and edit compelling images, create photo galleries, online polls and quizzes to augment online articles and increase page engagement.
- Have a firm grasp of SEO and apply it when crafting headlines, online stories and other supporting content that helps drive search traffic to our website.
- Help manage our social media channels while interacting with fans/followers.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed.
- Strong desire to create/manage digital content that is engaging and resonates with users.
- Must be a self-starter who can generate compelling story ideas with no or minimal supervision.
- Must be excellent at time management and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to learn new things and embrace new workflows based on industry changes.
- A sense of humor.
- Experience using video editing software, like Adobe Premiere would be helpful.
- 2-4 years of experience in a newsroom with a significant digital operation,
- Ability to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and be able to write several stories a day as well as the ability to craft longer form stories.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction for assignment completion.
- The ability to use real-time and historical analytics to guide site programming and content creation decisions.
- Experience with content management systems, HTML, image creation/editing, social media platforms.
- Experience with video creation and editing software, including Adobe Premiere and/or other video software programs.
- Must be able to work all shifts, including days, nights, weekend and holidays.
A mastery of AP style, a basic understanding of television and digital production and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a breaking news environment is required. A writing test may be required.