We are seeking experienced BC based Nuke Compositors for short-term and long-term contracts. While currently working remotely, this role may return to the physical studio in the future.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nov 15, 2022
- Create and integrate photo-real or stylized elements with live-action footage, using a variety of techniques including rotoscoping, keying, effects, graphics (GFX) and 3D integration, digital matte painting (DMP) integration, tracking, projections, colour-correction, etc.
- Finish shots independently on a tight episodic TV schedule and work effectively as part of a team collaborating on larger sequences.
- Implement fast, effective solutions to shot production challenges using off-the-shelf tools.
- Interpret and facilitate client notes to rapidly achieve the client’s desired look or result.
- Solve creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, sharing ideas with teammates.
- Update shot tracking database (F-track or other), check email, attend dailies and other meetings, communicate effectively with supervisors, managers, and teammates.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in photo-real VFX for episodic television and motion pictures.
- High-level knowledge of Nuke, VFX color pipelines, and VFX production process, with experience compositing multi-layer EXR CG, set extensions, and FX elements.
- Work effectively as a part of a team collaborating on larger sequences.
- Tangible evidence of experience working in photoreal VFX for episodic television and motion pictures (demo reel) plus evidence of working experience as a digital artist in TV and/or motion pictures.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be engaged with multiple projects at the same time.
- Skilled in solving creative problems using simple, efficient techniques, share ideas with teammates and iterate rapidly based on client notes.