Following instructions from the Lead and Supervisor, the compositing artist is responsible for ensuring high-quality shots. He/she will integrate 3D scenes respecting technical rules and the artistic vision of the project.
May 03, 2023
Following instructions from the Lead and Supervisor, the compositing artist is responsible for ensuring high-quality shots. He/she will integrate 3D scenes respecting technical rules and the artistic vision of the project. The Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all layers and elements of a shot as well as shot finaling. The Compositor must have a strong artistic eye and be able to effectively communicate with the animation director, team supervisor and art director.
- Integrate all 3D elements and maintain continuity throughout a sequence using artistic and technical skills
- Perform digital composition tasks at all production stages, including color correction, matte painting, relighting, etc
- Work with Lead and Supervisor to determine creative and technical approaches
- Ensure that the required retakes are considered and follow up
- Meet productivity and quota targets
- Prepare elements for reviews via Shotgun
- Maintain good teamwork and team dynamic
- Compositing experience on feature films with Nuke (animated feature films preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Excellent artistic, design skills and a good eye for color
- Strong knowledge of Houdini and/or Maya
- Strong knowledge of compositing workflow and application interface
- Able to collaborate, take direction positively, work well within a team, solve technical challenges and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Experience with Katana/ Arnold is a plus
- Require to be fluent in English.
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
• Lead / Principal Artist
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.