This position supports key communications functions across NBCUniversal’s Media Group portfolio, including materials preparation for announcements and events, media relations and monitoring, and industry research.
This position supports key communications functions across NBCUniversal’s Media Group portfolio, including materials preparation for announcements and events, media relations and monitoring, and industry research. The role reports into the SVP, Strategic Communications, with a focus on tech/product/business comms, and supports the broader team working across NBCUniversal’s Media Group Entertainment and Direct to Consumer portfolio, which includes broadcast network NBC, six cable channels (Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids and USA) and streamer Peacock. This position will work in a fun and fast-paced environment that will provide great experience and exposure to the business. If you are a TV industry devotee who devours the latest headlines and has passions ranging from big comedies and competition shows to reality and true crime drama, and you love to follow all the latest innovations and trends across the streaming landscape, this is the opportunity to join a group who touches every part of our television business.
- Acts as a key support role for the broader Media Group communications team, coordinating key aspects across both internal and external communications functions, specifically for the technology and corporate narrative
- Handles ongoing departmental communications materials, such as daily news highlights, press releases, press lists, etc.
- Supports in crafting executive messaging and briefing materials around events, speaking opportunities, interviews, etc.
- Acts as primary point person for select media relations responsibilities including writing, pitching, and helping to place stories
- Manages coverage reports of company and industry news for key executives and cross-functional teams
- Liaises with marketing, product, and other key departments to coordinate information for corporate communications needs
- Works cross-functionally with teams across the division, including marketing, product, research, and programming to provide communications support.
- Provides admin support to the SVP of Corporate Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of experience in communications, media relations or related field
- Experience with a dynamic, fast-paced communications team
- Highly organized, self-starter capable of managing several projects simultaneously
- Must be an independent, creative and strategic thinker
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the experience/sophistication to interface with high-profile executives and talent
- Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Must be a strong team player who can interface with a variety of departments
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000