We have multiple CNN en Español internship opportunities available. Our intern will assist in the development of new ideas and help to reimagine existing content.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10
We have multiple CNN en Español internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the Atlanta area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
• CNNE Digital Editorial Intern
• CNNE Associate Producer Intern
CNN en Español is a 24-hour Spanish language news network for the Latin America audience, providing continuous news reports of major world events and breaking news stories as and when they happen. CNNE features half-hour and hour newscasts throughout the day with an emphasis on hard news and feature programming. Features focuses on health, medicine, the environment, entertainment, and other issues that are an integral part of the programming line-up. Our intern will assist in the development of new ideas and help to reimagine existing content. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of Latin American culture and a keen interest in related politics, current events and popular culture. We are looking for a great team player and self-motivated problem solver.
Duties could include:
• In production, the CNNE intern will become knowledgeable in learning how to set up a show rundown, coordinate with reporters, and search for show elements using CNN's database.
• Assist the CNNe Digital team with research, writing, recording and editing
• Pitch political news stories for digital
• Log interviews
• Participate in audience research
• Support distribution efforts via social platforms
• May book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks.
• May have the opportunity to participate in how show ideas are developed, how tape is gathered and edited, how the show is created, and how a newscast is built from an editorial and production perspective.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
• Seeking a career in broadcast journalism with an interest in US politics
• Adobe Creative Suite (Audition and Premiere) experience is preferred
• Strong interest in video production and podcasting
• Basic video editing skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Social Media savvy
• Self-motivated, able to multi-task
• Have a good attitude
• Able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
• Schedules vary and may include weekend hours.
The Nice To Haves
• Previous work in television, digital media platforms, and/or radio
• Adobe Creative Suite (Audition and Premiere) experience
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.