Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Clip Desk Producer is responsible to produce sound bites, voice over clips for scripted and unscripted material, create opens, teases and packages in an extremely quick turnaround live news environment; produce visually stimulating television for Business News and Digital platforms.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Jan 29, 2024
Clip Desk Producer is responsible to produce sound bites, voice over clips for scripted and unscripted material, create opens, teases and packages in an extremely quick turnaround live news environment; produce visually stimulating television for Business News and Digital platforms.
- Work closely with show units, producers, reporters, the assignment desk, domestic and international bureaus to research select and deliver the best video for broadcast and multi-platform distribution.
- Review on air guest appearances and turnaround key sound bites, directly.
- Write succinct copy for chyron banners.
- View all video prior to air to ensure quality.
- Supervise edit sessions.
- Designate retention value of clips to manage server space.
- Monitor top business stories for breaking news.
- Locate, log, distribute and archive video files in media asset management system.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, economics or history
- Minimum 3 yrs. experience as a video producer and/or working in a post-production environment
- Excellent knowledge of current and historical events
- Minimum 2 yrs. experience working in a non-linear editing environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities as needed
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision when necessary and be a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, heavy deadline environment
- Works well in a collaborative environment
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice including weekends and holidays as news requires; must be able to work a variety of shifts including overnights.
- Strong editorial judgment and organizational skills; interest in business and financial news
- Familiarity with names and faces of business leaders in the news
- Highly motivated, self-starter with exceptional communication skills.
- Avid iNEWS or similar NRCS experience
- Knowledge of various digital media file formats
- Knowledge of CNBC or NBC News media asset management systems a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Day, Evening, Overnight