Paramount Global's CBS Broadcast Center has an exciting opportunity for an experienced carpenter with an excellent work ethic and proven history of quality craftsmanship! This role will lead the day-to-day operations of the Carpentry department.
Paramount Global's CBS Broadcast Center has an exciting opportunity for an experienced carpenter with an excellent work ethic and proven history of quality craftsmanship! This role will lead the day-to-day operations of the Carpentry department. The person in this position will prioritize all incoming requests with the understanding that we are a 24x7 facility requiring working overtime and working in adverse weather and unique circumstances.
The ideal candidate will thrive in diverse settings and have good knowledge of commercial carpentry while working with little supervision and following all essential health and safety standards.
• Lead and prioritize electronic carpentry tickets
• Build cabinets, shelves, wall units, TV backboards, consoles, work benches, frames, including drywall and installation
• Consult with trade professionals, clients, suppliers (i.e. attendants, engineers, painters)
• Aid in special projects especially those needing repairs throughout the broadcast center
• Create work proposals including sourcing materials, preparing estimates for supplies and maintaining inventory.
• Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
• Ensure the physical appearance of the spaces are to company standards
• 8+ years of firsthand commercial carpentry experience
• Exceptional understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
• Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc.)
• Proficient in reading technical documents and drawings