As the Camera Operator/Editor you will be responsible for filming and editing daily news events to a high standard in a timely manner.
Jan 17, 2023
Functions will also include:
• Working with Journalists as a team to achieve story requirements
• Editing for News and News Specials under a strict time restraint
• Dealing with the public and story talent in a respectful manner
• Undertaking training with various technologies used in news gathering
• Care of News Vehicle and equipment and reporting of faults.
What are we looking for in a Camera Operator/Editor? What’s important?
• Ideally 2 years’ experience in the News gathering field
• Experience in general filming and editing in other similar fields / production etc
• Available to work within a rotating roster (38 hour of shifts ranging from 06:30-14:30/ 08:00-18:00/ 08:30-18:30)
• Calm demeanour in high tension situations that may arise.
• Collaborate well with all staff in the newsroom and off input.
• Motivated self-starter with a flexible approach to work patterns and duties.
Extra points for the following, but not necessarily required:
• Completion of a Media Course either in TAFE/Uni etc.
• Experience working in Country Stations