Provides professionally developed and high-quality live-streaming and video on demand content that is on-brand and strategic.
It supports all aspects of the live production environments and workflows. Responsible for department level productions, as well as support for Presidential and enterprise-wide projects including pre-production, live, multi-camera event streaming and broadcasts, postproduction highlights, and video on demand services.
1. Utilizes creative thinking and storytelling techniques, and video production theory to produce and direct in-studio and on-location productions
2. Provides technical and creative direction for live video production or university events include live and recording broadcast video, audio, and lighting as assigned
3. Manages broadcast video, audio, and lighting equipment including, broadcast camera, GFX, replay systems, audio consoles, microphones, and lighting systems and tests equipment prior to the event
4. Collaborates with assigned clients to bring the project and vision to fruition, while meeting production goals for live events and broadcasts
5. Responsible for pre- and post-production duties such as editing, storyboard and script development, media ingest and logging
6. Manages and organizes files for distribution and archiving for multiple distribution channels, e.g., YouTube, Facebook, KSUTV, ESPN+
7. Guides the development of standards to ensure production elements and assets reflect brand and support marketing efforts and enterprise-wide projects
8. Maintains communication with team and other stakeholders to coordinate timely delivery of assets
9. Participates in creative and design meetings
10. Oversees and trains assigned staff and/or student assistants regarding technical production
- Educational Requirements
- Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Two (2) years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Previous experience with live streaming, broadcast, audiovisual engineering or event production
Pay Grade: Exempt 04
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to perform all duties within a production to include camera operator, technical director and director, producer, font coordinator, replay operator, and production manager
- Able to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Ross Video and Blackmagic video systems, advanced audio systems, Apple Computer software and file systems
- Knowledge of video encoding standards
- Knowledge of multicast streaming
- Knowledge of multi-cam directing techniques
- Knowledge of non-linear video editors and other industry standard software
- Strong knowledge of advanced AV software
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Creative, organized and dedicated to creating best-in-class streaming
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- This is a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- Yes, this position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
Standard Enhanced + Education + DMV + 9 Panel Drug
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.