WWL, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in New Orleans, LA is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and switching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New Orleans Area
Nov 27, 2023
WWL, the TEGNA CBS affiliate in New Orleans, LA is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and switching our locally produced news content using Sony ELC automation. The director works closely with our production team and news department to produce compelling and clean newscasts. WWL produces over 7 hours of live local content per day, and the director is the last line of defense of that product before it hits the air. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows using Sony ELC automation.
- Oversee the overall look of our newscasts.
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Work closely with the Production Operations Manager to facilitate any changes and updates to our automation systems; as they work hand-in-hand with News Automation workflows.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be flexible with scheduling, including but not limited to, breaking news and illness.
- Ability to lift and operate handheld/jib and studio cameras weighing 26+lbs. a must.
- Experience with Sony ELC Automation or other newscast automation, ENPS, Bitcentral, and Chyron graphics systems.
- Ability to adapt and quickly pivot on the fly for breaking news and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers, directors, and production team members.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly, efficiently and professionally under pressure.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Bachelor’s degree in TV production or related preferred.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.