We are searching for a Boom and Sound Operator that can aid in providing sound to our cinematic video productions. This individual will be key to our team in ensuring effective and high quality sound. The ideal candidate knows when to move the boom and is able to flow with the camera operator following the action, all while holding the boom steady and high.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 31, 2024
We are searching for a Boom and Sound Operator that can aid in providing sound to our cinematic video productions. This individual will be key to our team in ensuring effective and high quality sound. The ideal candidate knows when to move the boom and is able to flow with the camera operator following the action, all while holding the boom steady and high. In addition, they will possess in depth knowledge of various audio equipment. This position often requires working long hours including nights and weekends. Since we are a mission-led company and all of the content we create inspires people, the right candidate will find the long hours to be exciting and highly satisfying!
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Supporting the team in running three or more productions a week through booming to achieve the best sound possible
- Carefully noting all planned camera movements and lighting requirements, to ensure that the microphone does not accidentally fall into shots or cast shadows
- Ensuring all of the sound equipment is in good working order, and carrying out minor repairs as needed
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of on-set production experience as a sound mixer + boom sound operator
- Must be proficient with a boom pole, external audio recorder, and a boom mic
- Flexibility within your schedule (Be on call at any given moment in time. This includes early mornings, late nights, and weekends as well)
- Ability and knowledge of how to achieve the best sound quality through proper use of a boom
- Have the ability to lift at least 30 to 50 lbs
- Must be able to contribute constructively during the production process
- Must be receptive to constructive criticism and feedback on the spot
- Solution-oriented with the ability to creatively solve problems during shoots
- Strong organizational and communication skills
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
You will report directly to the Director & Shooter Manager
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All things creative take place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume