This role is responsible to perform a variety of duties associated with the planning, preproduction, and execution of scenic requirements in support of HSN’s live television broadcast and related projects.
Live Event / On Location Services
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Feb 06, 2023
Are you a creative individual? Do you have interior design, prop styling or set dressing experience? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as an Associate Scenic Stylist! In this role, you will work with other creative stylist in the planning and execution of the daily scenic styling needs for the HSN live broadcast.
Who We Are
The Studio Production team is comprised of Studio Coordinators, Production Artisans and Culinary, Fashion and Scenic Stylists. Studio Production is the backbone of the HSN Live TV experience. The main objective for the team is to make sure that all of the sets, guests, product and food are ready to be on air on time.
The Associate Scenic Stylist will maintain, organize and assist in the overall execution of the creative styling for assigned shows under the supervision of the Manager Scenic Styling and guidance of the Senior Scenic Stylists. This role is responsible to perform a variety of duties associated with the planning, preproduction, and execution of scenic requirements in support of HSN’s live television broadcast and related projects. This is an entry level position supporting TV Creative Styling. Individuals in this position have the authority and responsibility to operate in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Procure, prepare and arrange props and decorative elements on HSN’s live, on-air sets based on the scenic styling plan and upon request of their Television Production partners.
- Assist Scenic Stylists and Sr Scenic Stylist with dressing, and/or striking sets for the live show and events. (EX: Arrange and style product in order to highlight the product’s key features while on set or in a shoot through or bump shot.)
- Preserves the brand of the set environment so that it remains airworthy at all times. (i.e. repositioning, dusting, replacing defective items, etc.)
- Consign requested merchandise items from the Showroom as needed.
- Striking sets – This includes but is not limited to, ensuring proper repacking and return of all set elements, re-shelving of props and scenic elements to the appropriate storage areas.
- Restore sets to their original general condition upon completion of specialty styled programs. Job Title: Associate Scenic Stylist Market/Location: St. Petersburg, FL Grade/Level: Department: TV Creative Entity: Reports to: Manager Scenic Styling Date Reviewed:
- Track and organize the decorative props inventory: clean and maintain prop areas, staging areas and supply cabinet. Locate missing props and return to prop areas.
- Prepare products, pre-pull props, and prepare sets visually and mechanically for presentation.
- Maintain the resource library for the department to include documenting and cataloging pictures of sets. (i.e. adding new product information and/or updating existing items)
- Develop basic styling techniques for sets by executing smaller projects and while supporting Set Stylists and Sr Scenic Stylist on larger projects and shows/events.
- Seeks learning opportunities within the team to strengthen skills.
- Sources and Shops off campus for items to be used on the sets.
What You Bring
- Intermediate skill level and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to learn how to create visual presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic design principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Willingly assists others when asked
- Flexible and open to suggestions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Works either individually or as part of a team
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
• Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Interior Design, Broadcasting, or a related art field and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience required.
• 1-2 years of experience in a design related field.
• Interior Design, Retail, Television, Event and/or merchandising display experience preferred.
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation