TooFab, a leading entertainment news website, is looking to hire an Associate Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who has an established track-record of writing and producing entertainment news for top-line media outlets.
TooFab, a leading entertainment news website, is looking to hire an Associate Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who has an established track-record of writing and producing entertainment news for top-line media outlets. Strong news writing skills are a requirement. The candidate must have demonstrated expertise in researching news items, in addition to being able to identify and pitch stories that fit within our brand. The candidate must have a firm grasp on SEO best practices and the ability to capitalize on trending topics by developing unique angles for entertainment news stories.
Robust communication skills and the ability to flourish in a fast-paced news environment are a necessity. The candidate must be able to take editorial direction and deliver assignments under tight deadlines as well as work independently and enterprise their own stories. Experience must include: breaking entertainment and celebrity news stories; producing unique angles and perspectives on trending topics; interviewing celebrities, showrunners, writers and producers.
Other requirements include: flexibility to work weekends; strong workflow management; and a passionate interest in pop culture, celebrity, and entertainment news.
Familiarity working with content management systems and Photoshop also required.
- Develop, pitch, write and package pop culture news ranging from covering trending topics to producing exclusive stories and interviews.
- 2 – 3 years minimum experience working as an Entertainment Writer / Reporter
- Strong news writing skills
- Experience working in a newsgathering, deadline-driven, digital environment
- Must be highly knowledgeable about pop culture – from TV to movies to politics
- Experience with web content management systems
- Ability to take editorial direction and function as a part of a news team
- Ability to enterprise news stories
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $18.00-20.50 per hour for California.