WXIA-WATL, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Atlanta, GA is looking for a part-time Associate Producer for our newscasts. Our ideal candidate is a strong writer, good communicator and uses social media and digital tools skillfully to help create memorable newscasts.
WXIA-WATL, the Tegna-owned NBC affiliate in Atlanta, GA is looking for a part-time Associate Producer for our newscasts. This person will work collaboratively with the show’s Senior Executive Producer, Senior Producer and Producers to execute the editorial vision of the day.
Our ideal candidate is a strong writer, good communicator and uses social media and digital tools skillfully to help create memorable newscasts.
• Write in an exciting, urgent, conversational, and authentic manner with accuracy
• Pitch story ideas for day of, next day and future
• Adept using social media and digital tools to discover & research stories, using reliable sources
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Willing to learn how to line produce
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Minimum of 2 years newsroom experience; open to college graduates with newsroom intern experience
• Exceptional news judgement and ability to visually tell stories
• Ability to anticipate and respond quickly to changes
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments
• Excellent broadcast communication skills
• Knowledge of ENPS preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.