The Associate Producer for Features is responsible for assisting in ideating, creating and producing CNBC‘s feature and event content across all platforms.
The Associate Producer for Features is responsible for assisting in ideating, creating and producing CNBC‘s feature and event content across all platforms. Reporting into the Senior Employee & Executive Producer, the successful candidate will work with news, events and feature producers to output stellar live and long-form programming. The role is ideal for candidates looking to build on existing experience in TV news production, have a passion for feature programming, as well as keen interest in business, economics and the financial markets.
- Assist in creating compelling content for CNBC’s feature, events and core programming.
- Write scripts, create graphics and select video and sound elements for productions.
- Assist producers (and sometimes lead) when filming on-location.
- Book and pursue guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
- Develop strong reporting skills by pre-interviewing guests.
- Develop strong editorial judgment through ideating and researching story ideas.
- Communicate effectively with editorial teams, senior producers, digital and news editors, anchors and operations team members.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially operations, the studio directors and graphic designers, to make the best possible programming.
- Occasional assignment to support show teams on live TV programming.
- Partner with CNBC global teams, as required.
- Previous experience in TV news production and monitoring, selecting and delivering feature style output.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding news environment.
- Strong written and communication skills to liaise with stakeholders of varying levels of seniority.
- Good understanding of the role of Social Media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- High standard of written English.
- University degree or equivalent.
- A passion for, and/or experience in feature programming.
- Strong knowledge in, and/or keen interest in business news, economics and financial markets.
- Knowledge of iNews, Stratus, Edius, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems.
- Additional languages would be beneficial.