We’re looking for an Associate Editor to join our POPSUGAR UK team within Vox Media. Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for writing content, a keen eye for how to package a story for the UK audience, and a knack for driving SEO-driven programming.
London, United Kingdom
Oct 06, 2023
We’re looking for an Associate Editor to join our POPSUGAR UK team within Vox Media. Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for writing content, a keen eye for how to package a story for the UK audience, and a knack for driving SEO-driven programming. If you care about telling diverse stories, are the first to spot a celebrity trend in the making, and are skilled at writing shareable headlines and witty leads for the UK market, we want to talk to you!
This full-time position reports to the UK Content Director and is based both out of our London office and remote working.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Cover women’s lifestyle trends for POPSUGAR UK, spanning all verticals including entertainment, fashion, beauty, and wellness
- Strong experience with celebrity pop culture and UK entertainment highly preferred
- Liaise with entertainment PRs, celebrity agents, and freelance contacts to create unique features, exclusive interviews, and original content specific for our UK audience
- Scour the web on a regular basis to uncover emerging trending topics, with a heavy focus on search-optimised content
- Produce timely, clickable stories based on trending news each day, using own research and as assigned by the Content Director
- Edit copy from contributors to a high standard
- Build thoughtful, in-depth, and themed features derived from team brainstorms
- Help to coordinate seasonal and evergreen SEO updates, including commerce-driven listicles
- Consider analytics and previous successes to pitch strategic, winning story ideas
- Support editors with content creation during special events, including award shows and Fashion Week, working quickly and cleanly in real time
- Attend and participate team meetings and selected industry events
- Follow a wide range of lifestyle topics to identify opportunities to spotlight multicultural stories and talent to align with POPSUGAR’s mission for inclusivity and diversity
- Work with the Social Content Producer to conceptualise and produce UK content for social platforms and videos
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in digital media and writing/editing
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Have a bursting book of celebrity and entertainment contacts covering experts, PRs, and agents
- Experience optimising content for search
- Sound judgment on coverage, resulting in content that drives traffic and engagement
- 1-2 years of strong editing experience, delivering impeccable copy
- A healthy obsession with social media
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- The ability to stay ahead of trends, celebrities, shows, and films while adapting to new and changing tasks and priorities on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- A proven interest in and dedication to covering broad viewpoints, cultures, and experiences
- A familiarity with and passion for the POPSUGAR brand
- Must be willing and able to work occasional evening and weekend hours
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.