Access Hollywood Digital is hiring an Associate Digital Video Producer who will be a part of our growing team of digital video producers/editors and writers. If you love entertainment news, are a super snappy writer and editor, who is also a pro at editing digital video quickly, this is the role for you.
This job entails producing and editing content for web platforms end-to-end. The ideal candidate is a digital journalist who is experienced in writing scripts, reporting and sourcing information, collecting assets, producing and editing digital video, and posting it on social platforms. A passion for entertainment news, celebrities and pop culture is a definite must.
The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable, and very fast at writing and creating digital video content. The ideal candidate can handle breaking entertainment news and is just as fluent creating fluff entertainment stories as they are at breaking down complex, legal and entertainment news stories. The ideal candidate should also be adept at writing articles, creating galleries and other types of entertainment news website content.
Job duties include creating entertainment news digital video for consumption on platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and AccessOnline.com. These digital-first news stories are created by YOU from start to finish – meaning you’re responsible for collecting assets, VO’ing scripts, editing the video and publishing it across multiple digital platforms. Required responsibilities would include covering events in the areas of Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Washington D.C., and sometimes in New York City.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience in entertainment video production, proven video editing skills, and a clear understanding of the key difference between traditional media and digital-first content.
On-camera talent is not required for this role, but experience behind the camera, working as a reporter/producer/journalist on red carpets or entertainment-related events is a plus.
- Create at least 3 digital video stories per day, often under tight news-driven deadlines
- Cut short form digital video in under 3 hours from end-to-end: Collecting reporting, writing the script, collecting assets/b-roll, producing and editing video, and posting it on social and web platforms
- Edit with ease in Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects or AVID
- Optimize video formats for distribution – be able to create concise, interesting stories with a fun voice
- Optimize content for social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Post video on social media channels
- On occasion, write articles and create galleries to be posted on-site
- Do red carpet interviews; shoot crisp, clean footage on DSLR camera
- Collect clear audio in the field and in the studio
- Take assignments from the Managing Editor daily
- Contribute to team brainstorms by pitching content ideas that will help build video views, on-site and off-site traffic and audience
- BA or BS from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating content for digital platforms
- Working experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.), knowledge of Photoshop is a must
- Working experience with AVID
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong copy-editing skills, ability to self-edit your own work
- Must be able to work under extremely tight deadlines
- Social media-savvy with the ability to post your own stories on Access social accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Must be able to write articles for website on occasion
- Ability to shoot footage on DSLR camera
- Creative thinker who can look at entertainment trends and find innovative ways to tell a story in a digital video
- Willingness to be an individual contributor while working within a team environment and contribute to the overall brand’s growth and success
- Strong understanding of digital metrics: page views, video views, how to gain new followers on different platforms, including on-site
- Strong understanding of digital trends
- Strong camera skills: ability to shoot your own videos using HDV cameras
- Red carpet interview skills – ability to interview celebrity talent and come up with smart, breaking news questions that we can turn into digital videos
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York City (hub office)
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles, breaking news, and Awards shows
Salary range: $60,000-$80,000