This position will monitor safety, quality, and schedule in the field and ensures work in place meets quality requirements of contract documents, applicable codes, and Disney standards.
Orlando, Florida Area
Aug 22, 2023
Construction Management at Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) leads all on-site activities through installation on a project or multiple projects. This position will monitor safety, quality, and schedule in the field and ensures work in place meets quality requirements of contract documents, applicable codes, and Disney standards. You will coordinate with WDI, Disney Parks Operations and Security, contractors, and vendors.
This is a multi-year long Project Hire position with no guarantee of permanent placement. You will report to the Construction Manager.
- Assist with informative flow and tracking of project critical documentation including RFI's, submittals, shop drawings, substitutions, and changes
- Assist in the preparation of professional bid packages
- Assist field team with daily issue resolution with other team members
- Perform multiple daily site walks and inspections throughout all areas of the site, including investigative and troubleshooting assessments
- Assist with punch/completion lists
- Track permits through the Central Florida Tourist Oversight District website
- Assist with site logistics and coordination
- Provide occasional site coverage
- Implement QA/QC and safety responsibilities and processes
- Become familiar with WDI Construction Management (CM) duties
Basic Qualifications/You will have:
- 1-2 years of construction-related experience or project internships
- Understanding of scheduling, budgeting, quality control, organizational skills, and task management
- Expanded computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Autodesk 3D Modeling & BIM Docs/360 products, and Bluebeam
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and 3D models
- Various GC Project Management Platforms
- It would be great if you have fluency in Spanish.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management/Engineering is preferred
- Preferred certifications in OSHA 30, AED/CPR, Stop the Bleed, H-4/H-5 Hazard Risks