Create 3D models of Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar characters, along with various props and environments.
Orlando, Florida Area
Aug 24, 2023
Create 3D models of Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar characters, along with various props and environments. Working closely with 2D concept art to seamlessly transform these concepts into captivating 3D models, catering to the production of toys, ornaments, and collectibles. The 3D artist must possess the skill to 3D model a diverse collection of characters and props using primarily Zbrush 3D software.
You will report to Senior Manager, 3D Modeler and will not have any direct reports. You will be an individual contributor.
- Partner with 2D Artists to incorporate posing and storytelling into your 3D models
- General knowledge of Maya, Cinema 4D or Blender
- Extensive experience with character and hard surface modeling
- Expert knowledge of ZBrush
- Posing non-rigged digital 3D models
- Produce manufacturable 3D models
- Working knowledge of Keyshot or similar rendering software
- Translate 2D reference into 3D character models with a clean, organized, efficient workflow
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Work under supervision with senior Artists to meet quality standards
- Working from character model sheets to develop 3D digital models of various characters
- Working from product concepts develop 3D digital models for product manufacturing
- Conceptualize Product for merchandise
- Lead multiple projects from development to completion and on schedule
- General knowledge of 3D Printers
Basic Qualifications/You will have:
- Proficient in 3D modeling skills from 2D concepts
- Required software: ZBrush, Illustrator, Photoshop
- BA/BS or two years technical college in related field or two years related work experience or combination of both.