The Assistant Producer provides the leadership, managerial and organizational skills and technical knowledge to produce all aspects of an attraction/experience from concept to opening, ensuring the creative vision is realized.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 25, 2023
The Assistant Producer provides the leadership, managerial and organizational skills and technical knowledge to produce all aspects of an attraction/experience from concept to opening, ensuring the creative vision is realized. This role leads the project team and partners with the Creative Director and Project Manager to develop the production strategies that align the project vision within constraints. The Assistant Producer is the intersection and coordination point with Leadership, Studios and Stakeholders (operation, safety, etc.). While leading an integrated approach to story-telling with a creative team, the Assistant Producer must be able to guide and articulate the concepts and experiences that define the creative vision and is responsible for integrating the work efforts of the other teams (ride, architecture, etc.) as it impacts creative show deliverables.
The Assistant Producer will report to Portfolio Executive Producer. This is a 30-month Project Hire position without any guarantee of permanent placement.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate understanding of budget, schedule, mitigation principles and team leadership dynamics.
- Manage the design team for assigned scope.
- Focus on completion of creative deliverables and develop work around plan to manage risk.
- Understand the "big picture" and know how the creative process works to complete the creative vision.
- Influence the change in scope as needed.
- Be involved in the negotiation of creative contracts as needed.
- Interface with Project Managers and other creative leads to advance the project scope.
- Partner with team leaders to organize proof of concept mock-ups and document the results.
- Manage communications requests and special projects.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and the Internet.
- Knowledge of scope, schedule and budget planning and mitigation.
- Knowledge of creative development procedures and deliverables.
- Proficiency in Research tools.
- Ability to organize multiple layers of documentation.
- Training in project management in arts, theater or entertainment.
- Competent presentation skills.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Film, Theater or Design experience.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international as required.
- BA/BS in theater, film, design, or entertainment preferred.
The hiring range for this position in California is $92,800.00-$124,400.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week.