The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a Graphic Designer to participate in the creation of visual assets for SFFILM campaigns for the 2024 San Francisco International Film Festival.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 16, 2024
Feb 19, 2024
Apr 19, 2024
The Communications team at SFFILM is seeking a Graphic Designer to participate in the creation of visual assets for SFFILM campaigns for the 2024 San Francisco International Film Festival (SFFILM Festival) which runs April 24–28. The Graphic Designer works closely with SFFILM’s lead Designer and Marketing & Communications Project Manager to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of SFFILM through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This position is ideal for an early to mid career designer seeking to utilize strong technical skills in a fast-paced environment with broad Bay Area project visibility and impact. This is a seasonal position with a start date of February 19, 2024 and an end date of April 19, 2024. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week and is paid hourly at the rate of $25 per hour and is eligible for limited, pre-approved overtime. Application review begins January 22 but will be rolling after that.
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 2024 San Francisco International Film Festival.
- Produce a variety of digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to re-skins of national websites to billboards and transit advertising.
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to onscreen slideshows projected before screenings.
- Produce graphics for social media and email campaigns including motion.
- Assist in design and layout of Festival program guides, ranging from a 20+-page print book to a pocket guide.
- Create and present mockups and presentations for feedback from the Communications team and some external partners.
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more.
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines.
- This position reports to SFFILM’s Marketing & Communications Manager.
- 2–3 years of relevant professional experience, working towards a career in graphic design strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of branding, composition, and typography
- Fluency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Proficiency in After Effects is a plus
- Able to take initiative, receive and implement feedback
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving)
- Clear, direct, and professional communication style
- Able to create work within and adhere to a style guide
- Nimble and detail oriented, experience working with grid systems
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment