America's Test Kitchen is seeking an Assistant Culinary Producer to join our Culinary Production Team. The team manages recipe/content planning, food preparation, and visual presentation for video, television and photography projects.
America's Test Kitchen is seeking an Assistant Culinary Producer to join our Culinary Production Team. The team manages recipe/content planning, food preparation, and visual presentation for video, television and photography projects. In addition to providing food support for shoots, this team will be involved in pre-production as well as content review during the post-production process.
This position is site-based and may require early start times as well as the ability to participate in videos, behind-the-scenes action, and/or food styling during the filming of our two television programs.
- Coordinate food support needs, order and receive ingredients, select and manage equipment
- Work on set for video production as a liaison between programming executives, producers, talent, and culinary producers
- Plan or assist in planning shot lists
- Execute assigned photo and video shoots from preproduction to post production
- Maintain accuracy of recipe prep and execute food support for shoots
- Ensure excellence and brand integrity is met for editorial and visual standards
Skills and Abilities You Need to Succeed:
- Self-starter with independence, initiative, and a drive to succeed, as well as strong organizational skills and can-do approach to problem solving
- Ability to juggle cooking tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Comfort with both savory and sweet cooking methods and understanding of technique
- Fastidious attention to detail in following and executing recipes
- Ability to build relationships and work across multiple departments
- Ability to work cooperatively and comfortably in an environment in which decisions are more often made by the group than by the individual
Education and Experience You Should Have:
- Degree from an accredited culinary arts program or equivalent experience in recipe development, restaurant cooking, or food media
- Minimum of 1-year professional cooking experience and demonstrated ability to precisely follow directions and work in a professional kitchen environment
- Prior culinary support in association with video production strongly preferred
This position is located in our Boston, MA office in the Seaport district. It is the expectation that the person in this role will work a hybrid schedule of 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) in the office and 2 days per week remotely.