Being part of a multi-faceted and phenomenal team, you will be playing a vital role to lead and direct efforts for story development, to conceive, develop and define all creative aspects of the Walt Disney Imagineering Hong Kong team on assigned projects and venue at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Jan 30, 2024
Being part of a multi-faceted and phenomenal team, you will be playing a vital role to lead and direct efforts for story development, to conceive, develop and define all creative aspects of the Walt Disney Imagineering Hong Kong team on assigned projects and venue at Hong Kong Disneyland. You will also be closely liaising, aligning and partnering with various lines of business across Hong Kong Disneyland Resort to ensure the balance of maintaining Disney's high standard of show quality/story telling consistencies along with the needs of the business.
- Provides day-to-day creative direction to design disciplines – show design, color design, graphics, lighting, interior design, show writing, character finishing, character concrete, props, animation, audio and a/v, special effects, water effects, visual effects, architectural, horticulture, landscape and engineering for smaller park venues.
- Ensures creative intent is achieved by successfully integrating design with other disciplines and components of facility exterior, interior and area development.
- Leads and mentors design team to ensure show quality of assigned projects. Can give creative direction as empowered by site leader.
- Ensures that venue management, line of business and Facility Service understand the processes of Walt Disney Imagineering and Show Quality Standards i.e., Design Services Project Management, Show Awareness Training.
- Leads show quality standards meetings, walk-throughs with area managers and reviews ongoing projects and show quality concerns with various partners.
- Drives show items for resort facility long term planning and set priorities.
- Partners with project management organizations to insure schedules, deliverables and fiscal accountability.
- Collaborates with venue design services manager/design administrator/show producer to ensure creative deliverables, scope, schedule, budget and adherence to Disney standards of practice are accomplished.
- Supports site leader in show awareness and training programs. Co-presents all venue show awareness and training programs.
- Develops and leads a strong venue design team by supporting, coaching, and mentoring to insure the continued delivery of a quality product.
- Communicates and influences standards and best practices to design team and worldwide to fellow art director colleagues.
- Provides creative updates to Hong Kong and US based teams as directed by site leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited design program or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in themed entertainment (or equivalent) design field. Disney experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing/leading a team of creative professionals. Extensive prior knowledge as a project leader, with international experience.
- Strong computer and hand sketching skills. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint would consider as added advantages.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills. Exceptional presentation and organization skills. Ability to present and sell ideas/concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in all phases of a project’s development, including large and complex projects.
- Proficiency in writing, reading and speaking English.
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Self-directed, highly-creative and solutions-oriented thinker
- Ability to thrive in lean, dynamic, fast-paced, multi-cultural work environment