Twisted Pixel Games is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Animator capable of delivering the highest standard of animation and effectively guiding others to do the same. T
Austin, Texas Area
Oct 02, 2023
Twisted Pixel Games is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Animator capable of delivering the highest standard of animation and effectively guiding others to do the same. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of Maya, contribute a high level of creativity and personality, have a team-oriented/collaborative approach to development, and is interested in doing what it takes to make the best games possible.
Animator - Twisted Pixel Games Responsibilities
- Bring gameplay concepts and cinematic sequences from an initial greybox state to a highly detailed finished product.
- Create animated work from scratch through final, as well as polish existing data in various states of progress.
- Work closely with Project Directors, Technical Animators, and other disciplines to ensure the vision for the project is met and the highest quality assets are delivered.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create a cohesive vision and experience.
- Perform in-depth reviews and provide constructive feedback to artists.
- Document best practices and workflows.
- Model inclusive behaviors to help build and support a diverse organization that values, respects, and taps into different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Experience with time management and the skill to handle large workloads efficiently.
- 6+ years professional animation experience.
- Extensive experience animating in Maya.
- Experience problem-solving, both technical and cross-departmental.
- Extensive experience creating convincing animations in both realistic and stylized characters.
- Experience with game engine tools and animation pipelines.
- Knowledge of motion capture editing and cleanup.
- 2 Shipped AAA titles.
- Experience with rigging, skinning, and technical animation tools.
- Experience with motion capture technology, Motion Builder and Maya pipeline.
- VR experience, both playing and developing.
- Experience in mentoring junior animators and other members of a team.
- Knowledge of version control and project management software.
$121,000/year to $171,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits