MSNBC is looking for an Anchor Production Assistant for Alex Wagner Tonight.
This position is represented by the Writers Guild of America East.
- Assist in compiling research for anchor, maintaining on-air updates during live program
- Order, build and coordinate graphic elements for air
- Gather information on breaking news stories for anchors to relay on air
- Print scripts for anchors and create one-sheets on guests
- Provide daily support by managing calendars, appearance and schedule
- Schedule and book travel and meetings
- Organize and schedule meetings and interviews
- Maintain and process expense reports
- Respond to correspondences
- Perform light errands
- Work closely with producers to research, select and locate required photos for broadcast
- Pitch stories and guests for show
- At least one year of news production experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Excellent knowledge of politics, history and current events.
- Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of Avid/Interplay and iNews preferred.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $20.00-$25.00 / hour