You can work remotely as long as you're based in the UK. By joining Dimension as a Senior Realtime Character Artist, you’ll be challenged in new and exciting ways and have access to on-set experience, in-house experts and inspiring artists along the way. Salary: £60k - £80k
Dimension is a real-time 3D production studio leading virtual production and the creation of virtual humans. From blockbuster films to epic metaverse moonshots, our team of around 100 people is working to build a future for entertainment that’s radically creative and immersive. By joining Dimension as a Senior Realtime Character Artist, you’ll be challenged in new and exciting ways and have access to on-set experience, in-house experts and inspiring artists along the way. As a Senior Realtime Character Artist, you will be based out of our Wimbledon production studio, but also spend time at our West London virtual production and motion capture stage and on our mobile volumetric capture stage. Recent productions include the MetaHuman of Eva Herzigova, the NARS Power Players, Disney’s Pinocchio, Sony Pictures’ I Wanna Dance With Somebody and Bullet Train, Balenciaga’s Afterworld, Coldplay x BTS My Universe and many more. We’re here to work on the ideas we dreamed of as kids. Magic isn’t made if everyone has travelled the same path. As we pioneer new industries, we’re fully committed to providing a supportive, inclusive environment for our team and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
We have an incredibly exciting roadmap and are building out the team to develop it. As a result we’re looking for a talented person to fill our Senior Realtime Character Artist role. Reporting directly into the Lead Realtime Character Artist, and working alongside a great team of Character Artists, your primary focus will be to deliver high quality digital humans for real-time applications.
Responsibilities for the Senior Realtime Character Artist
- Understand the strategic direction for the company's character pipeline development and help drive towards that goal.
- Create highly realistic real-time humanoid models and textures with a strong grasp of form, scale, and proportion while working within defined technical constraints.
- Working collaboratively with the production, development and the content creation teams.
- Identify risks within live productions, and take the necessary steps to mitigate them.
- Demonstrate exemplary best practices and communication skills.
Requirements for the Senior Realtime Character Artist
- Strong experience within the gaming industry.
- Strong experience with UE4 (Unreal Engine).
- High quality real-time character based portfolio, ideally experience with realistic characters.
- Excellent communications skills, ideally with commercial or client facing experience.
- Knowledge of photogrammetry pipelines would be ideal.
Salary: £60k - £80k