As the Freelance Lighting Technician, you create and maintain lighting effects and cues for Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network programming and production. The Freelance Lighting Technician will have daily and project-based assignments and work directly with Studio Operations Supervisors, Lead Stage Technicians, Directors, Producers, and other studio crew. You are creative and have an interest in the news and entertainment industry.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and assist Lighting Director and Stage Tech leads
- Stagehand, rigging, light board operation and programming, special effects, location setups, etc.
- Ladder work
- Set maintenance and repair
- Prop and storage coordination, organization, and maintenance
- Prep, hang, and maintain support and storage facilities
- Operate specialty equipment (bucket & scissor lifts)
- Understand and implement backup protocol when necessary
- Assess, advise and assist with proper stage, scenic and lighting set-ups
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-3 years of lighting/stagehand experience
- Understanding of ETC lighting consoles (programming, patching)
- Willingness to work overtime and additional shifts to meet the demands of breaking news, programming, and production, specialty scenic or light calls, and/or shift coverage
- Knowledge of digital test equipment for troubleshooting and repairs
- Knowledge of electrical systems, lighting effects, and electronics
- Familiarity with trade and power tools
- Carpentry skills
- Understanding of the importance of health and safety procedures
- Flexibility working under the pressures of live programming and time constraints
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work with heavy grip gear for extended periods of time
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $31.49-39.66 per hour.