Primary role is to provide support for the writing staff.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 22, 2022
- A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are expected in regards to all matters and documents.
- Primary role is to provide support for the writing staff.
- Assist in copying and distributing scripts and rundowns.
- Answering phones and taking messages during staff writing sessions and studio rehearsals.
- Conduct online research relevant to sketches and material being written for the show.
- Identify and flag potential script issues for music clearance and the legal department.
- Keeping up with changes as scripts are rewritten throughout the week.
- Assist in managing a small team of production interns.
- Coordinate and organize writer’s rooms.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of prior assistant or internship experience in TV or features (preferably at a studio or network) supporting high level employees.
- Minimum 1 year experience using Microsoft Office (Final Draft, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends and be flexible with hours.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Someone that's a team player with strong work ethic.
- Should possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Professional business manner.
- Comfort working with all levels of management and talent.
- Seeking a very detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task.
- Ideal candidate works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.