The Digital Content team is looking for an Editorial Producer who can pitch, develop and produce engaging digital content to market and promote.
This includes the original series (e.g. Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, etc.) and classic series (e.g. Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, etc.) in the Star Trek Universe. We’re looking for a shown content creator who’s skilled in building narratives on multiple storytelling platforms, can deliver clean copy on tight deadlines. As well as, knows how to use data to finetune ideas and strategy.
This role is writing intensive. Candidate must have a strong portfolio that demonstrates examples of evocative and SEO-optimized headlines. Additionally, carefully curated story packaging including but not limited to site editorial, video scripting, and custom thumbnails.
- Supports marketing of Star Trek programming initiatives through editorial coverage of breaking news and evergreen feature content
- Collaborate with the video team to write scripts for short-form and long-form video content, including The Ready Room
- Write and copy edit news posts, photo galleries, video captions and publishing information, and social marketing copy
- Understanding of the Star Trek Universe, the general fandom audience and positioning Trek-related content across multiple platforms
- Write SEO-optimized publishing information (titles/captions) for Star Trek-related video content crafted both internally (the Digital Streaming video production team) and externally (the marketing team).
- Adept writing and copyediting skills, which help bring stories to life across various platforms.
- A firm grasp of the difference between Vulcans and Romulans, transporters and tricorders, the Prime Directive and the Khitomer Accords, etc.
- An understanding of SEO data analysis and ability to apply knowledge by optimizing—and proposing—site content for organic Search intent.
- The capacity to keep content production efficient and on schedule, and for maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Above-average proficiency in creative problem-solving, time management, and juggling multiple-projects at the same time.
- A curiosity about understanding the needs of a variety of collaborators, and coordinating with them efficiently.
- Experience using team collaboration platforms like Asana, Trello, or Jira.
- Experience building content on a CMS platform and writing HTML source, if/when necessary.
- Authentic passion for TV, fandom, and pop culture.