The Writer/Producer for CNN’s Reliable Sources, is responsible for producing live interviews. The position involves conceptualizing, researching and producing segments for television and digital extensions.
Greater New York City Area
Duties include pre-interviewing guests, writing intros, selecting sound and producing graphics to support each segment.
The Writer/Producer will work closely with management to ensure that direction of segments fit the show’s mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas.
This producer will back up the show’s Anchor Producers as needed. The ideal candidate must work well with talent, anticipate their needs and communicate clearly with the control room. This producer is expected to pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a regular basis.
- 3-5 years of production or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
- Strong interest and knowledge in politics and current events
- Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly
- Must have the ability to enterprise ideas, work well independently and with a team
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
- This position requires the employee to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of breaking news.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Day, Evening, Overnight