We're seeking a talented Writer/Producer to join the award-winning CNN Creative Marketing team. This role will be responsible for creating compelling promos and other marketing material for CNN Domestic, CNN International, CNN Politics, and CNN Special Events.
We're seeking a talented Writer/Producer to join the award-winning CNN Creative Marketing team. This role will be responsible for creating compelling promos and other marketing material for CNN Domestic, CNN International, CNN Politics, and CNN Special Events. Working out of our New York office, you'll report to the Creative Director and work collaboratively with our team of writers, producers, designers and editors. This is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is a new challenge. The ideal candidate will have a passion for news, politics, and current events, along with a proven track record of success in a broadcast environment or creative agency.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Develop and write creative and engaging promotional content for CNN Domestic, CNN International, Politics, and Special Events that effectively drives audiences to CNN content.
- Conduct research on current events, politics, and news topics to inform promotional content and messaging.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate innovative promotional ideas and campaigns.
- Work with internal teams to ensure that promotional content meets all relevant broadcast standards and guidelines.
- Manage project schedules, timelines, and deliverables to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Work with the operations, media strategy, and promo scheduling teams to coordinate the delivery of marketing assets.
- Collaborate with other members of the production team to edit, select music, and supervise voice-over sessions.
Your Qualifications & Experience…
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a broadcast environment or creative agency.
- You have a passion for news, politics, and current events and are a CNN superfan.
- You have exceptional writing skills and the ability to create compelling promotional content.
- You're well-versed in Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have exceptional project management, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- You're a self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced news environment.
- You have a keen eye for detail and can anticipate needs.
- You have professional judgment for handling confidential information.
- You're capable of meeting deadlines and working under daily time constraints.
- You love the creative process and excel in collaborative environments.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year.