The Oprah Winfrey Network is seeking an enthusiastic, driven, and experienced Writer/Producer to join their Brand Creative team, a part of the Marketing team.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 23, 2022
You will be tasked with producing creative and effective promotional content that encompasses all the A/V needs across the network. From initial creative conception to seeing campaigns through execution, you will need to innovate and think strategically about every facet of a campaign across a multidisciplinary landscape beyond just on-air. Being able to lead in the development, design, and production of attention-grabbing content that breaks through a cluttered, competitive marketing landscape will be essential to success in this role.
- Generate ideas. We want someone who can think about marketing from new perspectives. A powerhouse idea-generator who seamlessly blends creative and strategic thinking.
- Concept, write, produce and deliver promotional material for both scripted and unscripted series ranging from launch promotions, episodic promotions, original and acquired film promotions, special presentations, tentpole initiatives, behind-the-scenes vignettes, network brand campaigns, sales tapes, and multi-platform promotions tailored for on-air, social, digital, and press needs.
- Plan and implement a holistic approach to campaigns.
- Effectively communicate a creative vision with team members across all departments to create alignment.
- Screen and log programs. Must be adept at working with unfinished material including rough cuts and dailies.
- Work closely with editors, in-house designers, audio mixers, and finishers to develop powerful creative from beginning to end. This includes key art, print campaigns, motion graphics, audio/video assets, etc.
- Collaborate with project managers to deliver executions on time and on budget.
- Guide and direct voice over sessions with on-air/announcer talent.
- Communicate clearly with high-level talent, showrunners, and their partners.
- Actively participate in brainstorms across various teams in everything from content strategies to optimizing the creative workflow.
- Receive and productively utilize feedback from fellow writer/producers and creative directors.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- College degree in related field preferred.
- Position requires an experienced creative marketing producer with minimum four years experience working in broadcast, cable, streaming, or with an agency.
- Exhibit conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with sound instincts.
- Superior writing and producing skills.
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and positive team collaboration is a must.
- Strong knowledge of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Avid proficiency is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital and social best practices.
- Must have administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment with pressing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across teams.
- Must have a firm grasp on relevant marketing trends, design trends, and industry trends.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States