The Fox News Health team is seeking an ambitious Writer on a full-time basis to produce a high volume of daily trending and SEO health and wellness content.
The successful candidate will create aggregate stories using a wide range of sources and tools, ensuring FOX News content is at the top of search results on a range of health and wellness topics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use available tools to determine trending and search-engine-friendly content
- Stay on top of trending health news and keep an eye on the competition to ensure our content remains out front
- Recognize and focus on the topics that are of interest to our audience
- Pitch trending and SEO content to maximize traffic during breaking news events, as well as longer-form, deeper dive original articles as warranted
- Have out-of-the-box thinking to help the section gain ownership of a topic or news story
- Break down medical jargon for readers in an accurate way to ensure the article content is understandable
- Have an “all in” mentality to help the team succeed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge of standard AP style as well as staying up-to-date on Fox News’ style is imperative for this role
- Knowledge of a working newsroom and the ability to produce under tight deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Passion for the health and wellness category and the ability to change tasks quickly depending on the news cycle
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, please find the compensation range specific to this role if based in Colorado, as well as a description of bonus and benefits generally: Colorado pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skill, experience, and geography: $52,400.00-$66,000.00 annually. Employees in this role are also eligible for various benefits, including: medical/dental/vision benefits, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.