WPIX 11 has an immediate opening for a full-time Writer for PIX11 news broadcasts.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 28, 2022
The position is based in New York, NY. We are currently looking for a full-time Writer for our various dayside and evening TV newscasts . The person in this role will also serve as a producer for our weekend newscasts. You must have least 2 years' worth of experience producing television newscasts to be considered for this position.
- Write stories for various television newscasts, desk-top editing of video for the stories you write and working to coordinate lives shots from reporters and photographers in the field under deadline pressure.
- Structure assigned program, focus on showcasing and story flow, and write copy with the help of our weekend writing team. The writer will then line produce the program from the control room. The other three days of the shift will be spent writing copy and editing video and sound.
- Coordinate with reporters and photographers in the field.
- We can't stress this enough: we are looking for candidates who have experience of seasoned television news producers, with a gift for writing succinct but snappy copy, a commitment to accuracy, and the ability to lead a team and multi-task -- all while staying calm and being a professional under an ever-ticking clock.
- Applicants must have a college degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or significant related experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate a facility with language and a writing style that is designed to be off-the-cuff and fun, yet authoritative and credible. Strong writing, video, news judgment, and internet skills are essential.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others.
- PIX11 News uses ENPS, BitCentral Core, Daybook, Latakoo, Xpression and Streamline . Familiarity with these newsgathering systems is preferred; intimate knowledge of them is ideal.